Join the Shire Horse Society
Without the support of our dedicated Members, the Shire Horse Society would be unable to carry on and expand its work in the promotion and protecting the well being of the Shire Horse.
Various categories of membership are available and means of payment, please refer to our members application form for full details.
To encourage you to join, remember full membership entitles you to the following:
- FREE ENTRY to the Shire Horse Society’s National Shire Horse Show in March.* Please note Supporter members are entitled to one day free entry to the National Shire Horse Show in March.
- FREE ENTRY to other nominated Society Events, Shows and Head Office Open Day at Rockingham.
- 5% off Merchandise for members when order is placed over the telephone (01536 771611). Excludes Stud Books and postage.
- Register approved Shires in the Society’s Stud Book and Grading Register at discounted rates
- Compete for the Society’s Special Awards at Affiliated Shows
- Entitlement to voting rights at General Meetings
- Qualification for Election to the Council and for appointment to its key Committees
- Free Entry into Society Approved Centres.
Junior Membership – 17 years and under
*Except for memberships taken out after the Show in March. All memberships are due for renewal on the 1st January.
If you have any queries concerning membership, contact us
Members registered for VAT are able to reclaim the VAT element of their subscription. VAT is included at the standard rate. The Shire Horse Society’s VAT registration number is 120 9218 03.
The approval of the commissioners of the Inland Revenue has been received by the society whereby the whole of the subscription paid by members (who qualify for relief under section 201 of the Income and Corporation Tax Act, 1988) will be allowed as a deduction from their emoluments assessable to income tax under Schedule E. P358 forms can be obtained from tax offices for purposes of claim.