UK & OVERSEAS PHOTOGRAPHIC COMPETITION 2022
Today marks the launch of the Society’s UK & Overseas Photographic Competition for 2022 and generously sponsored by Mr Brian Winn.
How to enter
The competition calls for images to be submitted at a minimum size of 300dpi, so it is recommended that entrants use a camera that takes shots of 6 megapixels or above. ENTRY IS FREE. Three pictures can be submitted for each entry. Only hard copies (any size) will be accepted with your full name/address and telephone numbers on the reverse side. Please note we are unable to return your photographs.
There is only one category, we would like a photograph of Shires horses in general. No other breed will be accepted.
- Closing Dates
The closing date will be 28th January 2022
- Date results will be issued
The result will be announced at the English Shire Horse National Shire Horse Show on 12th and 13th March 2022 at Bingley Hall, Staffordshire County Showground, Weston Road, Stafford.
- Prize Money
The prize money will be 1st – £50.00 2nd – £20.00
The Judge will be confirmed later.
All photographs will be judged on the following criteria:
- Technical ability
- Where to send your photographs
Please send your entries to:
The Shire Horse Society (Photographic Competition), The Old Dairy, Rockingham Castle, Market Harborough, Leicestershire, LE16 8TH, UK
- General Rules/Terms and Conditions
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered and must have obtained permission of any people featured in the entries or their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured. Where an individual or a residential property, belonging to someone other than the photographer are featured, the photographer must seek permission and be prepared to provide written consent, if requested. Further, entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs.
- We are looking for original photographs, taken by amateur photographers, NOT professionals. Entries must not have won any national competition prize previously. For the purposes of this competition, ‘national’ refers to the whole of the Europe
- Entrants will retain copyright in the photographs that they submit to the Shire Horse Society. By entering the competition all entrants grant to the SHS the right to publish and exhibit their photographs.
- If the winner is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made, the Shire Horse Society reserves the right to either offer the prize to a runner up, or to re-offer the prize in any future competition.
- The Winners
The top 20 photographs will be exhibited at the 2022 National Shire Horse Show at Newark Showground, Nottinghamshire on 12th and 13th March.