2018 Shire Horse UK & Overseas Photographic Competition
How to enter
The competition calls for images to be submitted at a minimum size of 300 dpi, so it is recommended that entrants use a camera that takes shots of six megapixels or above. ENTRY IS FREE. Three pictures can be submitted for each entry. Only hard copies (any size) will be accepted with your full name/address and telephone numbers on the reverse side. Please note we are unable to return your photographs.
There is only one category, we would like a photograph of Shires Horses in general. No other breed will be accepted.
The closing date will be 31 January 2018
Date results will be issued
The result will be announced at the English Shire Horse Spring Show on 16th, 17th and 18th March, 2018 which will be held at Bingley Hall, Staffor County Showground, Weston Road, Stafford.
The prize money will be 1st – £50.00 2nd – £25.00
The Judge will be Diana Zeuner, Editor of Heavy Horse World magazine.
All photographs will be judged on the following criteria:
- Technical ability
Where to send your photographs.
Please send your entries to:-
Mr Brian Winn
Home Farm Cottage
Lincoln LN8 5JP
- General rules/Terms and Conditions
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered and must have obtained permission of any people featured in the entries or their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured. Where an individual or a residential property, belonging to someone other than the photographer are featured, the photographer must seek permission and be prepared to provide written consent, if requested. Further, entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs.
- We are looking for original photographs, taken by amateur photographers, NOT professionals. Entries must not have won any national competition prize previously. For the purposes of this competition, ‘national’ refers to the whole of the Europe
- Entrants will retain copyright in the photographs that they submit to the Shire Horse Society. By entering the competition all entrants grant to the SHS the right to publish and exhibit their photographs.
- If the winner is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made, the SHS reserves the right to either offer the prize to a runner up, or to re-offer the prize in any future competition.
- The Winners
The top 20 photographs will be exhibited at the National Show in March in the entrance hall.